Order the New Uncensored Book!

INTERVIEW: Muscular Male Model Jose Ramon Oliva Shares Secrets of his Stunning Look


PHOTOS BY RON REYES PHOTOGRAPHY

Originally from Guam, Jose Ramon Oliva, Jr. has caught the eye of photographers and the modeling community since taking his first steps into the field in his current home town of San Diego, California. 

In this EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, Jose shares his thoughts about the world of modeling and his tips about staying and shape as he shares some incredibly beautiful images made by Ron Reyes Photography. Jose's stunningly handsome face and well-sculpted, muscular body are truly impressive.

Jose's Stats
AGE: 22
HEIGHT: 5'9" 
WEIGHT: 165
SHOE: 10.5 lbs.
WAIST: 31"
WHERE DO YOU LIVE?  San Diego, California
WHERE ARE YOU FROM ORIGINALLY?  Guam, USA


At what age did you start your fitness/workout program, and why did you start? 
I started working out at the age of 16 in high school. We were required to take a fitness class, so I chose weight training. Ever since then, I've been addicted to the gym.


What do you feel is your best physical attribute? Any body parts you focus on the most in terms of improvement?
I receive compliments on my almond-shaped eyes and my arms. I dont believe in focusing on any particular body part. I work out every part of my body equally.


What is your workout/exercise routine?
It's dependent on the goal that I am focusing on. Right now im in my bulking stage, so my work outs consist of:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back/Biceps/Abs
Wed: Light Off
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Shoulders/Triceps/Deltoids
Saturday: Light Cardio/Abs
Sunday: Off


What about your diet — what do you eat and what do you avoid?
PLAIN BORING DIET!! For bulking I eat everything possible (healthy food, of course).
My menu: Eggs,oats, brown rice, chicken, vegetables, fish, whole wheat bread, potatoes, peanut butter (all natural), nuts.
I try to avoid salt, sugar and unhealty, unnecessary fats. The only  ingredient I will add is black pepper.


How and when did you start modeling?
I got into modeling because of my sister. She always told me I had a different look and should test the waters to see what becomes of it. Of course I told her she was stupid and didnt pursue it. Then, the more and more I was out and about, I had random people constantly ask me if I was a model. At age 20, I did a shoot with a chick I met at a bar. I got a LOT of  web hits and compliments. I became serious about modeling at 22. Although I've done a few shoots on a TF [Time For Photos] basis for publicity sake, I've had the opportunity to do work with some local companies modeling their  products. That to me is the most exciting feeling, having companies ask me to model their trade, and the increased exposure in this profession.


Besides working out, do you play any sports?
Back in high school I use to run track and field as well as play football. At the moment, the only sport I do is slacklining. 


Besides modeling, do you do other kinds of work and if so, what do you do?
I work at a local hospital on a lift team as well as go to school for glassblowing. I hope to one day pursue a commercial modeling career as well as play music in a rock band.


What is the best way for people to follow your work and progress?
To follow me, the best way would be:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/2309562
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000014803536


Anything else you want to add?
I wouldn't be anything without the wonderful help from Ron Reyes, an amazing photographer. I cant thank him enough. He gets full credit for all these pictures posted. Thank you Ron! To check out other work of his, please go to:
www.Ronreyesphotography.com
http://www.modelmayhem.com/749392
http://ronreyes.zenfolio.com
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1023374349
    
THANK YOU modelJOCK! Without you I would not be able to share this information about myself. Your site is just spectacular. Thank  you, too, for supporting me as well as up-and-coming models in getting our names out there.

Check out the action. Subscribe to modelJOCK on Youtube!
 
728x90 Men

Comments

Post a Comment

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!