Order the New Uncensored Book!

INTERVIEW: Male Model Blake French Talks Shop, Poses Nude and in Speedos


PHOTOS BY MICHAEL ANDREW PHOTOGRAPHY

Florida-based male model Blake French has a natural way in front of the camera, as is evident in this impressive set of Speedos-style and nude shots taken outdoors by Michael Andrew Photography. With extensive acting and modeling experience in Chicago, Las Vegas, Miami, Detroit, New York, and Los Angeles, Blake is represented by multiple agencies. His muscular form — and wonderful way with an INTERVIEW — makes it easy to understand why he's attracted so much attention since first stepping in front of a camera.

Blake's Stats
AGE: 27
HEIGHT: 6'0"
WEIGHT: 190 lbs.
SHOE: 12
WAIST: 32"
WHERE DO YOU LIVE? South Beach (Miami Beach, Florida)


Where are you from originally?
I grew up near Detroit, and started acting and modeling with local agencies when I was 17. I attempted to move to Los Angeles when I turned 18. On the way to L.A., I crashed my Volkswagen Beetle in Brad Pitt's hometown of Springfield, Missouri. A head-on collision with a man named — no joke — Rusty Fender sent me back to Michigan for a bit. Alas, I got to L.A. a few months later, only to relocate to Vegas after that. Eventually, I traded the sauna of Vegas with the steam room of Miami, where I am right now.



At what age did you start your fitness/workout program, and why did you start?
I was 130 lbs., at 6'0, in high school. I looked skeletal! I started working out a lot, and gradually saw minimal results. Later on, I was diagnosed with a hereditary hormone deficiency, with affected both strength and power. Once I started taking medication for that, and got myself on the same playing field as the rest of the population, I began seeing faster results.


What do you think is your best physical attribute? Any body parts you focus on the most in terms of improvement?
I was blessed with a few decent physical attributes (haha!) .. .one of them being broad shoulders, so I get a lot of compliments on those. My eyes are a strong point, as well ... a piercing blue with a bright yellow ring around the middle.
 

What is your workout/exercise routine?
Lately, I've been doing a lot of drop sets, as my mind tends to wander in between sets and I lose focus. Drop sets have been helping me to stay focused, as they require you to do a set, drop the weight, do another set, and so forth, without lengthy breaks ... this way, my mind doesn't wander off!
 


What about your diet — what do you eat and what do you avoid? 
I eat as much as I can as often as possible. My metabolism is so fast, it's a struggle maintaining my weight, let alone gaining! I don't eat a lot of junk food, just for health's sake, and stay as organic as possible, as often as possible. Weight gain shakes are my friend, as well!


How and when did you start modeling? What has been your proudest or most exciting moment so far? 
I nailed by first modeling job at age 18 for a bank in the Midwest, portraying a pizza boy, hitchhiking, needing a car loan. Proudest moment modeling ... when I did a photo shoot for the Stratosphere in Las Vegas. One day, I woke up, and my face was on two different billboards on the Strip, in advertisements at the airport, on the sides of buses, in magazines, and on posters at the mall. Hell, my face took up the entire doors of the elevator at the Stratosphere! I felt like a celebrity!


Besides working out, do you play any sports? 
I was terrible and uncoordinated at every sport I've ever played. One time, I was cast in a movie from Dimension Films as a basketball player. I felt so cool, because they even gave me my own trailer that day on set! Though, after one take of me playing basketball, the director immediately cut me from the scene and gave the role to an extra. Yup...ONE TAKE! I'm that uncoordinated. Goodbye, trailer...
 

Besides modeling, do you do other kinds of work? What are your long-term professional goals? 
I've always been active in the entertainment industry, as both an actor, model, and journalist. I nabbed my first job interviewing celebrities for a magazine in Los Angeles when I was 20. That was very cool, and I learned a lot from that experience. Last year, I was working as the editor of a entertainment and nightlife magazine in Fort Lauderdale. But I got so busy with acting and modeling that I didn't have time for that anymore, and had to walk away.

  
What is the best way for people to follow your work and progress? 
Meh...I don't have a Twitter, I hate Twitter, but you can track me down on Model Mayhem at www.modelmayhem.com/blakefrench, which also has a link to my Facebook. I'm all about building community support, so feel free to reach out! Also, a big shout out to my managers at ADA and agents! Thank you, homies! No one can do this alone :-)

Don't miss a thing. Follow modelJOCK on Twitter!


Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!