Order the New Uncensored Book!

Male Model Garrett Anderson Talks Muscle, Diet and Logistics

Garrett Anderson shot by Dave Ouano: http://www.modelmayhem.com/daveouano


Wisconsin-based male model Garrett Anderson started modeling less than a year ago, but one look at his portfolio and you can see that he knows how to work his presence in front of the camera. 

In this EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, Garrett tells us how he got started and how he stays in shape, as he shares some of his sexiest portfolio shots.

Garrett's Stats
AGE: 32
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 160 lbs
SHOE: 9 1/2
WAIST: 32"
WHERE DO YOU LIVE? I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin, where I grew up. I moved to Las Vegas for six years but came back when the economy took a dive.

Garrett Anderson shot by Dave Ouano: http://www.modelmayhem.com/daveouano

When did you start working out, and why?I started training at age 20. My father has always worked out, so fitness has been an influence in my life since I can remember. But what really got me involved is when I was in a band — the drummer had a great physique and I decided I wanted to look like that. So I never looked back and I have loved to train ever since.

Garrett Anderson shot by Dave Ouano: http://www.modelmayhem.com/daveouano

What do you think are your best body parts? Any areas you focus on the most?Well, I have been coming down in size a bit to be able to be able to work in the Midwest market for now, so I haven't trained legs in about two months. They have always been a standout part for me. They still are. The only bummer is that my butt is shrinking a bit too. For me, chest will always be the part I have to put the most physical and mental work into. I have always struggled with it and my shoulders grow very well so they want to take over if I don't watch it.
 
Garrett Anderson shot by Michael Sutton: www.michaelsutton.info

What is your workout routine?
My routine nowadays is always changing, because my focus is not so much on getting bigger but improving certain areas and refining what I have. But I still stick to the basic free-weight movements, and like to use higher-intensity stuff like drop sets and rest pause for the stubborn body parts. I like to keep the rep ranges in the safe zone which is for me anywhere from six to 20 reps, depending on the muscle I'm training. 

Garrett Anderson shot by Michael Sutton: www.michaelsutton.info

How about your diet? What do you eat and what do you avoid?
I get very little off time from shooting, so my diet nowadays is not good for growth at all, but it keeps me in shape. I stick to a high-protein, low-carb and low-fat diet. Incorporating some carb cycling might be a good thing for me though, so I will start doing that soon. As far as cheat meals, depending on my shooting schedule I will have a few on the weekends with my family. After a week of giving my body very little fuel they really replenish me. As far as foods I avoid, I would say that sugar is not something I eat much of. Even when I have a cheat meal I still order diet soda. It's kinda funny I suppose. But I will say that I love me some cheesecake!
Garrett Anderson shot by Michael Sutton: www.michaelsutton.info

When and how did you start modeling? What's your proudest moment so far?

I started modeling about eight months ago, when a friend who is a model insisted that I try it out. So I did a big group shoot and I loved it. The whole thing felt very natural to me, and I guess I had a decent body already so why not give it a go? I'd say my most proud moment would be getting the cover of Quest magazine. It's a local Wisconsin publication and I was honored they wanted to give me a feature, much less the cover.

Garrett Anderson shot by Michael Sutton: www.michaelsutton.info

Besides working out, do you play any sports?
I don't really play any sports anymore but I used to love skateboarding. I still do actually but I'm too heavy for it. I actually was sponsored and won a bunch of contests but that was another lifetime ago.

What other work do you do? What are your ultimate goals?
I have a full-time job working logistics. It's pretty hectic, but it gives me the resources to pursue modeling. I want to see how much I can get involved in the industry by getting the proper representation, and  would love to make a full-time job out of it, but that isn't easy. I realize that. A major step forward for me will be relocating to either LA or the Miami area. I haven't decided on the area just yet though.

How can we follow your work?To follow my work, check out my blog http://theaccidentalfitnessmodel.blogspot.com/, my ModelMayhem profile, http://www.modelmayhem.com/2351103, or add me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/simeon.79

Don't miss a thing. Follow modelJOCK on Twitter!

 
Free shipping

Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!