Order the New Uncensored Book!

Muscular Teen Bodybuilder Andrew Phong Shares the Secrets of his Bodybuilding Workouts



Toronto-based teen bodybuilder Andrew Phong is making a great first impression with the growing number of followers he's attracting on both Facebook and Youtube. This 18-year-old muscular mastermind hasn't posed for a professional portfolio yet (stay tuned to modelJOCK.com for the shoot that I hope to do with him in the coming months) — but that didn't keep me from jumping at the chance to feature some of his own private workout shots and VIDEOS. This man definitely has talent, looks and the potential to go far.

Andrew's natural good looks and well-planned muscular definition has already worked well for him at his job with Hollister. And the very detailed insight he provides about his workout and diet routines is an inspiration to anyone looking to get into better shape. Sexy, savvy and surely bound for greatness, Andrew was kind enough to do his first interview with modelJOCK.com — but it likely won't be his last.

Andrew's Stats
Age: 18

Height: 5’11"

Weight: 175 lbs.

Shoe: 10.5

Arm Measurement: 16.9" 


Years of training: 1.5

Where do you live? Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Favorite body part: Back and chest

Favorite exercise: Squat, dumbbell chest press, deadlifts
Favorite supplement: Optimum Nutrition Gold standard Whey & Casien 





How I got started: 
Growing up, I was always athletic. Sports have always been a part of my life. I’ve played in my schools basketball team and volleyball team. Track and field was also one thing I enjoyed. When I got to grade 10, I took a fitness course and we did fitness testing. It was my very first time on the bench press. I maxed out at 115. As the course went by, I started to learn the different exercises and, most importantly, I started to see gains. So I decided to join a local gym almost a year later. I spent most of the year getting to know my body with trial and error. I found that some exercises worked better than others and then I started developing my own workouts. 

Best physical attributes and Improvements: 
I don’t really have one specific muscle group that I like best; I am proud of my overall physique. I train to sculpt my body the way I want it to be. As of now, I am trying to focus more on quads and upper chest. I feel as if those two muscles are lacking a bit. Other than that, I will continue to train the way I normally would.



Why I love it:

Bodybuilding is my life. The gym has always been there for me, especially when I’m having problems. It has taught me a lot and has made me who I am today. You have to learn how to push yourself; you must give 100% to every workout. If you know you are not going to give it your best, stay home.

The worst part of training is fighting through the pain and burn, but in the end you will be proud you did, because hard work really pays off. Bodybuilding has boosted my confidence, all the looks I get when I am out, especially when I’m at the beach, it just motivates me even more! 






How I stay motivated:
 The hardest part of training is consistency and motivation. You can't lack either; what I do to stay motivated is to set small goals, weekly goals. Think about beating your “score” the next week. Score as in the amount of reps you get, if this week I get 12 reps, next week I will get 13. By setting these short-term goals, you stay motivated weekly, you look forward to your next workouts so you can simply be a better you. Videos, articles, and pictures always help you stay motivated. Listening to your favorite tunes in the gym helps too!



My future plans:
 I have a long way to go, I started lifting since I was 17, I am now 18 and I can really see myself lifting for the rest of my life. I do not have an exact plan but I do have an ideal goal. I will just continue having proper nutrition and training and see where that will take me in a couple years. One dream I have and always think of is modeling. I just don’t know how to get that career started!

Friends and support: 
I am lucky to have friends that are also dedicated in weight training. This is very important, because your friends will always be there to motivate you and push you to the limit. Some days I don’t feel like working out and my workout partners would some how push me into training and I am very happy and thankful to have them as workout partners and friends.



One tip I would give to bodybuilders is if you’re going to train, do it properly. Training, diet, sleep/rest, supplementation all play an equal role in your overall physique. You can’t just focus on training and not have a proper nutrition. You can’t only train everything I not do legs. Of course this took me a year to realize but I’m glad I did. Bodybuilding is really a life changing experience.



Check out my links:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/SoAesthetic
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/TheAndrewpeee
Bodyspace: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/DGKPHONG/





Here is my sample workout schedule; it changes all the time: 


Day 1: Deltoids/Traps 
- Barbell smith press: warm up set of 25 reps, then 4 working sets of 8-12
- Seated dumbbell press: 4 sets of 8-10 super set with 
- Lateral raise: 4 sets of 10-12
- Reverse cable flies: 4 sets of 10-12 super set with 
- Bent over reverse dumbbell flies: 4 sets of 10-12
- Dumbbell front raise: 3 sets of 10 super set with 
- Cable upright row: 3 sets of 10 
- Barbell front shrugs: 3 sets of 20 
- Dumbbell side shrugs: 3 sets of 20

Day 2: Back/Triceps 
- Pull ups: 3 sets of 12
- Deadlift: 5 sets of 6-12 
- Seated row: 4 sets of 8-10
- Pull down: 3 sets of 8-10 superset with 
- Close grip chin downs: 3 sets of 8-10
- Bent over row: 3 sets of 6-8 
- Decline skull crusher: 3 sets of 8-10
- Dumbbell overhead extension: 3 sets of 8-10
- Cable extension: 3 sets of 8-10
- Cable pushdowns: 3 sets of 8-10 



Day 3: Abs 
- Hanging leg raises: 3 sets of 10-12
- Windshield wipers: 3 sets of 10-15 
- Decline crunches: 3 sets of 20
- Plank: try to beat time by 5-10 seconds every week



Day 4: Quads/Hams/Calves
- Barbell squats: warm up 15 reps then 4 working sets of 6-10 reps
- Leg press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lying leg curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Single Leg extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps 
- Stiff leg deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 reps
- 45 degree calf raises: 3 sets of 15 reps



Day 5: Chest/Biceps 
- Flat Dumbbell press: warm up set of 15 reps then 4 working sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps superset with 
- Incline dumbbell flies: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell decline press: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Cable flies, 3 angles: incline, flat, decline flies: 3 sets of 10 reps 
- Machine flies: 2 sets of 15 reps
- Barbell curls: 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Drop sets: 3 sets of 6-8 reps 
- Incline dumbbell curl: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell hammer curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Single arm cable curls: 2 sets of 20, with drop sets. 



Day 6: Abs 
- Hanging leg raises: 3 sets of 10-12
- Windshield wipers: 3 sets of 10-15 
- Decline crunches: 3 sets of 20
- Oblique twists 50 reps



Day 7: Rest



Diet/Supplementation: 


Meal 1: 1 cup of oats and blend 1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Whey gold standard with 1 cup of milk and a banana


Meal 2: White rice with chicken breasts and frozen veggies 

Pre supplement: 5g of ON creatine monohydrate 
Intra supplement: Watermelon Xtend 
Post supplement: 1 scoop of ON whey


Meal 3: White rice with chicken breasts and veggies


Meal 4: white rice with lean beef and veggies


Meal 5: chicken breasts and veggies 



Dress for success. 
Get the official modelJOCK T-shirt!







250x240 Men

Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!