Order the New Uncensored Book!

INTERVIEW: Dustin J. Bouchard, Male Model and Actor, on Being Multifaceted



Modeling and acting are naturally compatible careers. And it's a strategy for success for Dustin J. Bouchard, a 22-year-old male model and actor based in South Florida. In this EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, Dustin shares his thoughts on both crafts. 



Dustin's stats:
Age: 22
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Chest: 36"
Waist: 32"
Shoe: 10.5
Location: Deerfield Beach, Florida


How and when did you first get interested in modeling and acting? What do you like most about both careers?
I got interested about two years ago. I have always been a creative person. Some people suggested I try it. I did, fell in love with it and now it's all I want to do. I have always thought about it, but never thought it was a realistic possibility living up in Maine, where I'm from.
I love that modeling is like displaying art work, I have always been interested in nice art forms. Modeling is  essentially like showing off my personal art. Nice pictures make me feel a sense of accomplishment. I enjoy wearing new clothing, learn from different photographers, developing poses and experimenting with facial expressions. Right now I am trying the best I can to create the best photos possible. Acting is pure fun and pretense. I get to temporarily lose who I am to become someone else. It's great.



What have been your proudest or most exciting moments so far?
Once when I attended a TV show pilot audition, the director asked me to read for a role. About half way through the reading the director interrupted and started applauding, exclaiming “finally someone who can actually act.” That response was so rewarding. I landed the role. This sense of  success is shared in modeling. For the show there were several promotional events and photo shoots. Being part of it was a great confidence builder. I learned so much and had a fun time.


In both careers, you are the focus of attention and people are looking at you. What are the similarities between acting and modeling, and what are the biggest differences? 
The similarity is that your in front of the camera, receiving direction on your performance. Both jobs require you to take instruction well, follow advice and listen carefully. They require you to be very opened minded and try to see things from other perspectives.
As for differences, modeling gives you still images, a single moment and the viewer has to create their own story from the picture. And of course, every interpretation is different. In acting, you are playing out a moving, speaking role with  characters who play out the story for the viewer.


How do you stay in shape?
My workout regimen is five days a week, Monday through Friday, two hours at a time; focusing on certain body parts each day. Although I do abs everyday — OK four days a week. After lifting, I do tread mill for about 30 minutes, then sauna to cleanse and sweat out the toxins. My diet is made up of mainly high proteins, meats but primarily sushi. I eat some carbohydrates, not much. I stay away from sweets, cookies and that stuff.


What do you think are your best physical attributes? Is there any part of your body that you would like to change or aim to work on more? 
I would say my best physical features are my eyes, abs and my back. As you can see from my photo, my back is pretty ripped. The only aspect of my body I would like to change would probably be losing more body fat. I think I could be a little leaner, tighten up my physique. Fortunately, there is not one specific area or weakness, but I think loss of a little more body fat will improve my overall look.



You're based in South Florida. How would you describe the modeling scene there? Would you recommend it to other aspiring models?
I would recommend it, highly. The modeling scene here has lots of jobs, tons of models and a healthy amount of competition. Personally, I try to do my best work and let the rest sort itself out. I love that there are so many opportunities and so glad I made the move down here from Maine, where professional modeling is non-existent. Miami is an awesome place to live and work. There are  so many contacts, connections, options and photographers. It's a great place to start without getting overwhelmed. For any aspiring model moving, living and working here is a wise decision.



What are your ultimate dreams and goals?
My ultimate goal is to be in Hollywood, on the big screen, getting leading roles. I want to be in big-budget films and movies, show the world my craft and skill. I truly believe i can get there in five to ten years. I wanna take acting and modeling all the way to the top and beyond, for the rest of my life.



What is the best way for people to follow your work? 
The best way, is to go to my Facebook fan page where I post all my new pictures, all  acting roles and performances. Model Mayhem is another place to follow my portfolio and professional growth. Recently I secured some really great connections which will prove to be of tremendous help in my career development. Follow me to learn more.
 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dustin-J-Bouchard/133552686704959
http://www.modelmayhem.com/1919796


Add Mark Edward Studio on Facebook, so you won't ever miss the upcoming exclusive interviews and photo/video shoots!

Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!