Order the New Uncensored Book!

INTERVIEW: Male Model Jay Jam Flexes Muscle and Talent in Front of the Camera

Jay Jam by Peter Taylor Photography

It's no surprise that Jay Jam's muscular form and sleek sensuality has worked well as a go-go dancer. In this EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, this multi-talented male shares his workout secrets and also some of his best photos, including artistic nude, dance and other amazing shots.

Jay's Stats
AGE: "Do you really want to know?" [big smile] 42
HEIGHT: 5'11"

WEIGHT: 167 lbs.

SHOE: 10.5

WAIST: 30

CHEST: 38"
BICEPS: 14.5"
LEGS: 22.5"

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Vancouver, BC,  Canada

WHERE ARE YOU FROM ORIGINALLY? Philippines


At what age did you start your fitness/workout program, and why did you start?
I started my workout program when I was 18 because I was on the ectomorph body type.  Another reason was that my dad and mom have hypertension, or high blood pressure, so eventually I was diagnosed with it. So to keep a healthier lifestyle I opted to start my workout program then.


What do you feel is your best physical attribute? 
Hmmm … my best physical attribute would be my abdominal and my gluteus muscles.


Any body parts you focus on the most in terms of improvement? 
That would be my chest as a classic ectomorph I was flat chested, and its hard for me to get a 40"+ size like some other guys.

Jay Jam by Steven Underhill Photography.
What is your workout/exercise routine like? 
My workout routine as of to date is two days on, one day off. I have a four-day split in which one day for chest and biceps, another day for back and triceps, another for shoulders and forearms and lastly for legs and lower back.  My abdominal muscle almost everyday.  Cardio I try to do every other work out.
My exercise would include dumbbells, barbells, machines and body weight exercises like push ups, dips and chin ups. I vary it from time to time as to constantly shock my muscles ... I believe variety is the key.

Jay Jam by A.J. Bates - Marquis Photography SF
How about your diet — what do you eat and what do you avoid? 
I almost eat everything except for lamb, duck and really "exotic" food for my taste. I try to eat healthy meaning no junk food, no food high in sodium, fat and sugar. I do try to avoid if I have to prepare for a photo shoot or an event carbohydrates. I eat everything in moderation and again in variety.


How and when did you start modeling? 
I started modeling during college when a friend of mine who had a fashion show wanted me to do runway show for him.

What has been your proudest or most exciting moment so far in terms of modeling?
I would say being featured in your blog is one of the most exciting moment in my modeling career. Plus, having the opportunity to work with great photographers locally like Peter Taylor, Michel Chiccoine, Mike Carter and especially Harry Leonard.  Other photographers from the USA  like Desi Arnez, Steven Underhill, AJ Bates and Christopher Oakley. Lastly to John Battala from the Philippines, who started my "making love" to the camera such an artistic expression for me nowadays.

Besides working out, do you play any sports? 
Well not really. but I do yoga, swimming and go-go dancing. I go-go dance every now and then at local events here in Vancouver and sometimes in San Francisco, California.

What other kind of work do you do?
Yes, I work full time with a coffee company and I also do delivery work part time.

What are your long-term professional goals, both as a model and aside from that? 
As a model I would like to be able to land into one major project that would put me [out] in the globe and be proud that and say that's me. Aside from that I'm in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer in which I want to influence other people in living a healthier lifestyle.

What is the best way for people to follow your work? 

Don't miss a thing. Follow modelJOCK on Twitter!


Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!