Order the New Uncensored Book!

INTERVIEW/VIDEO: Teen Bodybuilder Cody Romel Villafranca Pumps up to Win

Teen bodybuilder Cody Romel Villafranca's recently did his first professional photoshoot with Kayla Robichaud.

In a short amount of time, Georgia-based teen bodybuilder Cody Romel has made remarkable progress — not only with his physical development, but also by gaining sponsorships and competing (he's currently getting ready for a natural bodybuilding championship competition in Indianapolis). 

This well-formed, muscular teen is certainly a talent to watch, and I'm looking forward to doing a shoot with him during his first New York City visit later this year. To get things rolling, he took time to do an exclusive interview with modelJOCK.com, and showed off a few of his excellent VIDEOS (which have already gained a sizable following on his Youtube channel) the results of his first professional photoshoot. Keep your eye on Cody; I'm sure you'll be seeing lots more of him!


At what age did you start bodybuilding, and when did you start your fitness modeling career?

I started my teen bodybuilding career at 16 years old in 2009. I just recently started in the modeling industry so I would kinda have to say like 2 months ago and currently looking for photographers and photography agencies to work with.




What made you decide to start bodybuilding?

I started Youtubeing one day and I came across [teen bodybuilder] Nick Wright's page and started looking at his videos and some of his videos from the older days, and I was blown away. I went to the mirror shirtless and was disgusted at what I saw. Two days later, my dad got me my first gym membership at LA Fitness and I fell in love with basically the smell of the gym.


And what convinced you to pursue modeling?  

Again, I was talking to Nick Wright and I don’t know, I was some pictures of Nick Wright taken by [photographer] Michael Thomas and was amazed with it, so I added Micheal on Facebook, talked to him and BAM, I was in.


And how did you get started with your Youtube video channel?
I don’t really know; I guess I wanted to show people that if you stick with something, you’ll get want you want. Also to show people out there that if you fail, get up and try again, because no one gets it right the first time.


What kind of response have you gotten?

Surprisingly, when I posted my first few videos I thought I was gonna get hated on like all get out, but I have only had ONE dislike on all my videos, total! Im still in shock! And almost everyone around me and everyone on YouTube has been great support for me to continue on with the videos.


What do you think is your best body part in terms of progress you've made?
 
If I only had to choose one, I would probably have to say my arms or back. My arms were about 10 ½ inches in august 2009 and now they are 14 1/3 inches. But overall I like all my progression.


What is your diet? 


Off season, anything and everything: 5,000-6,000 calories, protein and carb loads.

Completion prep (10 weeks out) per meal:
180 grams of pure protein 
40 grams of carbs
6 meals a day
Grape juice, creatine, glutine after workout
Alpha acid pills - after
Carb load
Whey protein - before
Morning: 1 table spoon of flax seed oil, 1 cup of oatmeal, ¼ cup of cream of rice



How do you stay motivated to stick with your program?
 

To tell you the truth Mark, I'd have to say all the haters and supporters out there. All the haters out there used to, and still do, tell me that I'll never be big; I'm too small, etc., etc. Just overall shit-talking makes me wanna just hit the weights harder and prove them wrong.


What are your professional goals?
 

To get my Bachelors degree in Exercise health and medicine.


What advice would you offer to other people who are thinking about starting a fitness/workout regimen?
 

Research, research, research! And if you start, don't be afraid of failure! It takes time and concentration to get to your goals in life. Nothing just comes to you. Stick to your dreams; live your dreams; don’t stray from your diet! Never be afraid to ask questions when unsure because if you do one wrong thing, you can get injured permanently or temporarily (if temporarily you can lose interest in your goals very fast!) and when in the gym, it's not a fashion show —you're there for you and no one else, so don’t be afraid to drop down on weight when lifting and never try to show off. That’s how people get hurt!
Other than that, don’t be afraid to ask me questions when unsure or just need some advice.



Cody's Stats

    
Weight: 152lbs
     Height: 5' 8"
     Body fat: 9.3%
     Chest: 39 ½’’
     
Arms-:14 ½’’
     Shoulders: 47 ½’’
     Thighs: 21"

Subscribe to Cody's video channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/romelitalian#p/u/8/Y_u7xC5H1Hc

Check out modelJOCK's exclusive two-part interview with Cody's inspiration, teen bodybuilder Nick Wright: 

Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!