Order the New Uncensored Book!

INTERVIEW: Male Model Brom Rector Shares his Style and Workout Secrets


It's always great when male models share the secrets behind their look. So it's a pleasure that 20-year-old male model Brom Rector not only agreed to do this EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, but he also shared his day-by-day program. His photos (by the excellent photographer Gustavo Sardi) show the results of his dedication, and it's something we can all certainly learn from. 

Brom’s Stats
AGE: 20
HEIGHT: 6’1”
WEIGHT: 235 lbs
SHOE: 13
WAIST: 34
ARMS: 17.5”
WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Miami
WHERE ARE YOU FROM ORIGINALLY? Seattle, Washington


At what age did you start your fitness/workout program, and why did you start? 
I've been throwing weights around just for fun since I was about 16.  I didn't get serious about it until this May, when a friend of mine convinced me to compete in a men's physique show.



What do you think is your best physical attribute? Any body parts you focus on the most in terms of improvement?
I feel like I've been blessed with great facial aesthetics. Besides that, I have a great butt, legs and my back is really wide. I'm currently trying to add overall mass. My abs aren't the best, and my triceps pale in comparison to my biceps. But next spring I'll start cutting down for another contest.



What is your workout/exercise routine?
Currently I'm doing a variation of Dorian Yates' High Intensity Training, which requires only one set per exercise. The challenge is to do that exercise to complete and total muscle failure. The split is set up like this:

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Rest/cardio
Thursday: Back
Friday: Arms and shoulders
Weekend: Off


When I get into pre-contest mode, I switch to a volume based approach and lift five to six days a week. 


How about your diet — what do you eat and what do you avoid?
I eat the standard bodybuilder foods. Since I'm trying to gain weight right now, I have about one "free" meal a week where I eat whatever I want (usually some nice Indian or Thai food), but the rest of the time I just eat a lot of meat, eggs, oats, rice and potatoes. I never eat fast food. Even if trying to get big, overall health shouldn't be sacrificed. 


How and when did you start modeling? What has been your proudest or most exciting moment so far?
I started this spring, when a friend of mine who also does modeling recommended that I give it a shot. He hooked me up with some photographers and here I am! I don't have any one specific moment that I can recall, but I love the energy rush I feel each time I step in front of the camera! The only thing better is stepping on stage at a bodybuilding show!



Besides working out, do you play any sports?
I used to do some fighting. Currently I only have time to lift. 


Besides modeling and working out, what else do you do? What are your long-term professional goals?
I'll be graduating with a B.S. in economics in the spring of 2012, I hope to be an entrepreneur. My love for making music will always be part of my life.


What is the best way for people to follow your work?
Thank you modelJOCK for this acknowledgement and feature opportunity. The work you do to promote new male model talent is awesome. Lastly, I have to credit the photos for this feature, photographed by the immensely talented Gustavo Sardi of Boynton Beach, Florida (http://www.modelmayhem.com/2274462).

My modeling and music career may be followed at:
ModelMayhem: http://www.modelmayhem.com/brom
Reverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/bromanddanen

Subscribe to the modelJOCK channel on Youtube!


Free shipping

Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!