Order the New Uncensored Book!

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Scott Herman, Multimedia Fitness Expert


Scott Herman photo by Michael Tammaro. Used with permission of model.

You may have already seen him in any of several magazines — Exercise for Men Only, InTouch Weekly, Cosmopolitan and Men’s Health. You may have seen his videos and photos online. But either way, you're likely to recognize Scott Herman, the 25-year-old CEO and founder of ScottHermanFitness.com, a fitness Website that's been attracting a growing audience. 
Scott took some time to answer a few questions exclusively for the readers of modelJOCK.com. 
At what age did you become involved in fitness, and what inspired you to do so?
I started weight lifting when I was 12.  I was very introverted as a kid and needed an outlet for my frustrations.  Weight lifting allowed me to vent in a healthy way.

You have a multifaceted approach to fitness, with an emphasis on exercise and diet. How did you come up with the fitness regimen and plans that you follow?
I have worked in a gym since I was 14 years old.  I have always listened and followed the instructions of those who were older than me and well versed in the teachings of fitness.  Over time I was able to collect everything I have learned and develop my own ways of training and my own philosophy on fitness.  I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others and do so whenever I can!

What made you decide to share your experience with others through your site, channel, and fitness programs?
Years of turning people down from training simply because they couldn't afford it really took a toll on me.  I saw so many people who wanted to make a change but just gave up.  So I decided to do something about it and developed a supportive community where anyone can go for help, confidence, and guidance for free.
It must have taken a lot of work to build up your following, your sponsors, and your multimedia approach. Beyond your motivation to stay fit, how do you stay motivated to keep yourself in the public eye, helping others and building your audience?
To be 100% honest, I believe the biggest thing you can leave behind is your legacy and I want to be remembered as someone who lived a full life and made a difference.  I then want to one day pass on my passion to help others along with the morals and values instilled in me by my parents to my own children.

What do you consider your best physical attributes -- both naturally and in terms of what you've achieved through fitness?
Oddly enough, my brother and I get compliments for having nice hands and fingernails.  Haha. I guess some people's are just creepier than others! However, fitness wise.. I would for sure say my abs.

If you could give one piece of advice to those who'd like to stay fit, what would it be?
Stay consistent and EAT!!!!!  Even if you are not feeling it, still go to the gym and go through the motions.  Something is ALWAYS better than nothing. End of story.


This multimedia, multifaceted, and muscular entrepreneur does more than just stay fit and share advice. He recently became involved in the Trevor Project, an organization which he says is the only nationwide 24/7 Suicide/crisis hotline for the LGBT community in the United States.  "They save over 30 lives a year, and I do what I can to spread the word about this organization so they can save more kids," he says. You can check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMjDE8RgoxI
Scott's Stats:
Age: 25
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170pounds with 5% bodyfat
"Not sure of my other stats. I never check them because I care more about how I look, not circumference measurements."

Comments

Hottest Posts of the Year

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models

Art of the Male Body: Artistic Nude Male Models
Get your copy of this male photography book, just $9.99!

modelJOCK on YouTube

modelJOCK on YouTube
Watch hot modelJOCK videos!